Husky Cafe Menus and more information
Click here Husky Cafe Menus and More!
The Husky Cafe has an exciting, and healthy menu! The Cafe will be open daily for breakfast and lunch to serve your student’s nutritional needs. We are very proud to announce our participation in the new Federal Government guidelines of the Healthy Hunger-Free Act. What changes will you see?
The menu will feature healthier grains, more fruits and vegetables, lower fat foods and more student-based choices. Most Husky Cafe choices will be similar to what you make at home. As required by the Federal guidelines.
All students will be encouraged to make healthy choices that include fruits and vegetables. The Cafe will offer delicious chicken wraps, chef salads, a daily vegetarian option, fresh fruit, juices, and more! In addition, the Cafe will be adding more scratch-made foods and more student options throughout the year.
North East Carolina Preparatory School (NECP) is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protects children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity. NECP’s policy is as follows:
- All students in grades K-12 will have opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active on a regular basis
- Foods and beverages sold or served at school, breakfast and lunch, school will meet the nutrition recommendations of the S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- Qualified child nutrition professionals will provide students with access to a variety of affordable, nutritious, and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students; will accommodate the religious, ethnic, and cultural diversity of the student body in meal planning; and will provide clean, safe, and pleasant settings and adequate time for students to eat.
- To the maximum extent possible, we participate in available federal school meal programs, including the School Breakfast Program and National School Lunch Program.
- Schools will provide nutrition education and physical education to foster lifelong habits of healthy eating and physical activity, and will establish linkages between health education and school meal programs, and with related community services.
You can read more about our wellness policy
You can read more about the USDA Nondiscrimination Policy
Paying for Student Meals
Parents may pre-pay for student meals using checks, money orders or updated Online Payment System for School Meals and School Fees
If you have a www.K12PaymentCenter.com account, simply login with your current username and password. If you are new, register today! Our online payment system is a secure, easy and convenient way to apply funds directly to your student’s account.
Main Meal Prices:
Breakfast – $1.50
Lunch – $3.00
For questions or suggestions for the Husky Cafe, contact Child Nutrition Director Doug Huff by email: HuffD@necprepschool.com
Dining with Students
Parent are asked to understand that dining space is very limited and filled to capacity with 1,300+ students rotating through during the lunch periods. The children must have priority seating. Parents, who want to have lunch with their children may do so only if space is available and by making arrangements with the classroom teacher in advance. Thank you!
The NECP Husky Cafe has been approved for the Federal Free/Reduced Lunch Program (FF/RP). The 4-page applications were distributed to all students and must be returned. Unless your family qualifies for the Federal Free/Reduced Lunch Program, you are responsible for paying for your child’s meals or for providing a bag lunch from home.
There are 4 options for receiving a school meal in the Husky Cafe:
1) Your child must pay for breakfast or lunch each day or have funds added to his/her meal account. No charging beyond a balance of $6.50 will be allowed.
2) You must submit a FF/RP application and qualify for the Federal program. This is a parent responsibility to insure your child receives a nutritious breakfast and/or lunch at school.
3) Parents may pack and send nutritious homemade meals for their children.
4) Children, who do not meet the requirements of 1, 2 or 3 above, will be provided a basic lunch until the parent assumes responsibility for completing the form and/or settling the account.
Send the FF/RP form to your homeroom teacher as soon as possible. If your child did not bring home a form, please contact your teacher for a copy or download one from the school website. If you need assistance in completing the form, contact the school office at 252-641-0464. For questions, contact Doug Huff at HuffD@necprepschool.com or call NECP. Thank you for your cooperation!