The full description is found in the Student Handbook.
Student Behavior Policy
North East Carolina Prep School is based on four core values:
- Treat all community members with respect.
- Act responsibly.
- Seek solutions.
- Serve others.
The NECP Husky Student Pledge:
- We will take pride in respecting others and their property at all times.
- We will listen to each other.
- We will accept responsibility for our words and our actions.
- We will treat all members of the community with respect.
- We will encourage others to do their best.
- We will resolve conflicts with maturity and respect.
- We will honor the dress code and the policies and procedures of the school.
- We will ask for help when it is needed and encourage others to do their best.
- We will create a positive environment.
- We will actively seek ways to help others in our school, our community, and our world.
- We will honor individual differences.
- We will take responsibility for our own actions.
Student Behavior Expectations
It is important that every student at North East Carolina Prep School feels safe and respected. Toward this purpose, every student must follow the NECP student code of conduct and other school policies. North East Carolina Prep School believes that the following practices promote a safe, orderly, and positive atmosphere:
- The teacher and students establish positive relationships.
- Curriculum content and instructional methods are relevant and student-centered.
- The teacher and staff have high expectations for student behavior.
- The teacher establishes clear classroom policies and procedures, and consistently enforces them.