Welcome to the official source of information about North East Carolina Preparatory School!
Visitors are encouraged to check this site frequently for updates posted by school personnel. This is the authorized source of official information about NECP. The school makes every effort to post accurate information as soon as possible.
To receive a personal response to a question, use the Contact Us feature firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, call the NECP office at 252-641-0464 during business hours. Thank you for your interest in North East Carolina Prep!
First Semester in Review and Looking Forward to 2015 . . .
- NECP welcomed 350+ new students from 6 NC counties, who joined 900+ returning Huskies in the third annual expansion of the student body.
- NECP added 12 new classrooms, a new multipurpose room, and 3 more buses to accommodate the additional students.
- We maintained our focus on the philosophy of Multiple Intelligences, integrating Core Knowledge into the curriculum, and implementing Kagan Structures in the delivery of instruction.
- We added emphasis to our reading program with a Read to Achieve Night for Grade 3 and a special International Literacy Day celebration with NC Senator Angela Bryant featured as the guest speaker.
- Our instructional staff provided Curriculum Nights in Math and Literature to help parents understand the academic program and learn how they can help their children at home.
- NECP was selected to participate in the $1.2 million eSTEAM Grant and Middle School Innovators Academy through East Carolina University and funded by the GoldenLEAF Foundation. (entrepreneur-Science, Technology, Art, and Mathematics)
- Twenty-five middle/high school students are participating in ASCENT a year-long engineering and technology program provided by the NC State University College of Engineering and the Gateway Technology Center at NC Wesleyan College.
- We strengthened our China Connection by building international relationships through the Global Classroom Alliance, hosted exchange students from Beijing, and continue to develop new partnerships.
- The annual Fall Festival was a huge success, raising more than $9,000 in a day full of fun family activities, great food, and lively student entertainment.
- The Edgecombe County Cultural Arts Council awarded a $1,100 Grassroots Grant in support of a fine arts project titled, Healthy Hearts through the Arts.
- The Vidant Hospital Foundation awarded a $6,000 grant to support Healthy Huskies, a multi-program project focused on helping students develop good health and safety habits.
- The Battle of the Books Team is preparing for the middle school competition in February and a new team was formed at the elementary level—The only elementary BOB team in the area!
- The drama department produced a terrific performance of Oliver! that featured the musical and acting talents of NECP students and teachers, who took the stage together.
- The annual Candy Man Sale sponsored by the PTO generated $16,000 in profit for school activities.
- The Husky Café revised the school menu to include more interesting and nutritious food choices, while making the transition to the Federal Student Nutrition Program.
- Husky Athletics expanded to include middle school and junior varsity Football, in addition to the offerings of Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, and Volleyball.
- Dress-Down Fridays were added to allow students to purchase a $2 uniform pass so they can wear dress-code appropriate jeans and tops to school on Fridays.
- More than 250 parents and employees participated in a series of Focus Groups to help the Board and administration develop a strategic plan for the future.
We remain committed to the mission and future success of North East Carolina Preparatory School!
Enrollment for 2015-2016 ~ Apply now!
Applications for Enrollment for 2015-2016 school year are accepted from October 1 – December 31, 2014 for limited openings in Kindergarten through Grade 11. (Grade 12 will be added in 2016 – 2017.)
- For an Enrollment Application, click here: Enrollment Application 15-16
- For information about the Enrollment Policy, click here: Enrollment Policy 15-16
The 2015-2016 Enrollment Lottery will be held on January 10, 2015.
The China Connection: the 2014-15 cultural and educational exchange!
Yuqi Hao (Mary), Man Li (Jason), and Keming Ma (Marco) arrived from Beijing, China in August to stay stay with host families for 4 weeks and attend classes at NECP with their host students. We appreciate the Browns, Kilburns, and Wadsworths, with assistance from the Watsons, for opening their homes to these special guests. Everyone enjoyed sharing their respective culture and had fun in special activities and trips planned by the Global Classroom Alliance. To learn about hosting a future exchange student, visit the CHINA CONNECTION page.