NECP EXCEEDS GROWTH FOR THE 2015 - 2016 SCHOOL YEAR!
Don’t miss any of our Husky Happenings! Click here to update your information today.
North East Carolina Prep School believes in “the extras”…extra time devoted to individual student learning, extra effort to help students excel beyond the classroom, and extra opportunities to allow students to discover their extraordinary potential.
The Husky Cafe
From the Executive Director
As the Executive Director of North East Carolina Prep School, I believe that rewards in education should come from the individual success of our students. Educators have the power to make a significant difference in young people’s lives, both in academic achievement and in personal growth. While public education is a challenging career, with the correct commitment, attitude, sacrifice, and time, these challenges become fun.
My vision for NECP is based upon the involvement and the collaboration of our Husky parents, staff, and students. Together, we will work as a team to establish a school community where all stakeholders feel valued and respected. I plan to hold school assemblies, pep rallies, and public recognition ceremonies often to honor our staff and students and to boost moral. Student achievement and academic growth are fundamental to my vision. I am committed to seeing every student improve in their academic courses and to show steady growth in all areas of instruction.
My motto is to “just do it”…do what is needed to get the job done. If that means tutoring after school, conferencing with parents, or offering additional support to my staff, then that is what I will do in order to see our students and our school succeed. All necessary steps will be taken to ensure that students feel safe on our campus and that concerns are heard and addressed in an appropriate time-frame. I demand respect from our students, but, in return I will also show them respect. I am a very hands on leader and will be seen in the classrooms, hallways, lunch room, and even outside on a regular basis. I shake student’s hands, look them in the eye when I greet them, and have a smile on my face all day. I offer no excuse for my commitment to excellence, and I challenge each member of our Husky Family to “just do it”, also.
By working together, we will make North East Carolina Prep School the best charter school in North Carolina. I am excited to be your Executive Director, and I am excited for the future of our school and our community. GO HUSKIES!!!!!
Week of September 26
Monday, September 26
- NC WESLEYAN COLLEGE REP ON CAMPUS (Husky Period)
- JV Volleyball @ New Life Christian Academy (4:00 pm)
Tuesday, September 27
- Middle School Volleyball @ Rocky Mt. Academy (3:30 pm)
- Middle School Soccer vs. Wilson Prep (4:30 pm)
Wednesday, September 28
- SEE YOU AT THE POLE (7:00 am)
- FASFA WORKSHOP FOR SENIOR PARENTS @ SOUTHWEST EDGECOMBE (6:00 pm)
- Middle School Soccer vs. Riverside Middle School (4:15 pm)
- Middle School Volleyball vs. Riverside Middle School (4:15 pm)
Thursday, September 29
- Varsity Volleyball @ Bear Grass Charter (4:30 pm)
Friday, September 30
- FIRST OFFICIAL FFA MEETING (3:30 – 4:15 pm)
- FFA FALL MUM SALE (3:00 – 7:00 pm)
- Varsity Football @ Pamlico County High School (7:00 pm)
Saturday, October 1
- FFA FALL MUM SALE (9:00 am – 2:00 pm)
SAVE THE DATE
- October 4 – Senior Formal Pictures (Last Name A – M)
- October 5 – Senior Formal Pictures (Last Name N – Z)
- October 7 – Senior Night – Soccer vs. Unity Christian (4:30 pm)
- October 14 – Senior Night – Volleyball vs. Teach Homeschool (5 pm)
- October 21 – Senior Night – Football vs. Kestrel Heights (4:15 pm)
- October 22 – Fall Festival
- October 24 – School Pictures (K-5)
- October 25 – School Pictures (6 – 11)
- October 26 – Fall Sports Pictures
From the Board of Directors
The NECP Board of Directors currently has three (3) vacant seats. We are seeking candidates to fill those positions. Board members are volunteers, who serve as the guardians of NECP’s mission and strategic vision, as well as the guarantors of NECP’s responsiveness to the needs of the community. Members serve as ambassadors of the school to ensure its strong connection to the community and are fiduciaries for NECP’s financial integrity and sustainability.
While we accept members from all professionals, we are currently seeking those with educational, financial, and legal backgrounds. If you are interested, please complete the Board of Directors Candidate application and email it along with your resume to email@example.com.
SPECIAL NOTE: We are asking that parents and guardians not apply at this time. According to NECP policy and best practices, the board will strive to limit its membership to no more 1/3 of its membership to parents. We currently have three (3) parents on our nine (9) person board.